I want you to succeed in your piano playing. Here are a few quick tips to encourage you to keep it up.
- Be prepared because it will take time and dedication.
- Consider taking lessons from a recommended source. I took lessons from the same teacher for 9 years (thanks Mr. Hansen!).
- If you are planning on playing for any length of time it would be best that you own a piano or keyboard. This will enable you to practice at your own convenience.
- Start with music that isn’t as challenging to gain momentum.
- Learn how to sight read.
- Use a metronome to help you keep the proper count.
- Do warm-up’s to prepare your fingers, don’t start right into your first piece.
- Set aside a special time. This will be helpful in eliminating distractions.
- Posture and finger position are very important. Sit up straight. Make sure your arms parallel to the ground, and your fingers are curved as if you were holding a Ping-Pong ball.
You are doing great! I believe in you and I want to hear all about your piano playing success.
Enjoy the travels on your musical journey!
~Piano Lesson Girl,